Monday, January 16, 2006

 

There are reasons . . . .

There are reasons I haven't added a posting in the last four weeks. For one I've been busy hosting friends. That has meant lots of fun, including several excursions around CR.

I went with Lesa M. and Scott S., both former colleagues of mine at RMHS, on a tour to Gandoca-Manzanillo National Wildlife Refuge, Tortuguero National Park and the Irazu Volcano.

Matthew D., former student teacher of mine, and I went on the overnight Yorkin Estibrawpa Indigenous Tour and hiked to "Buena Vista."

I went back to the Yorkin Community with Steve P., former student of mine at RMHS, and we hiked across the border into Panama to see "La Catarata."

Rick H., a college fraternity brother, and his wife shared several carefree days with me frolicking along the Caribbean shore and fraternizing with my new found Costa Rican friends.

There's also the matter of my Internet hookup. Following my friends' departure I tried to access the Internet from my jungle "tree house" but to no avail. The dial-up connection has been down for several days now. UGH!

The weather while my friends were here was ideal. Since they left it has been raining almost constantly. Noah would definitely have built an ark by now. I keep telling myself that it is the "rain forest" after all! But I don't care to ride my bike into town in this weather.

So I have been waiting for my Internet connection to come back up and for the rain to stop. Your guess is as good as mine as to which will happen first. Hey, as my friends have heard me often say down here, "It's just another day in Paradise!"

If the rain lets up at all this afternoon I'll take the bus into town. That will mean waiting by the side of the road for awhile, no doubt, because the bus schedule is rather unpredictable. The return bus is scheduled to leave town about four hours later.

With any luck I'll post this later today. Plus I have one to share with you about scorions. You'll have to wait for the one about snakes. Others about the Yorkin Estibrawpa Indigenous Tour and excursions to Gandoca-Manzanillo National Wildlife Refuge and Tortuguero National Park will follow. Thanks for checking in!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?